Monday, January 2, 2012


From Grandma's Desk: Saturday brought a wonderful surprise. A box of fresh picked tangerines from my stepmother's garden. The greatest part about these tangerines is my son planted a seed over 15 years ago that turned into a tangerine tree. We kept that tree going in our house in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for 6 years then it started getting to tall for the living room. So on my next road trip to Arizona I put the tree in the car and headed south. My stepmother has a small fruit orchard in her back yard with pomegranites, oranges, grapefruit, and now tangerines. She planted the tree in her back yard and for the past 2 years has been getting a few tangerines. Last year I brought a few home to Adrian and put in his stocking. This year a whole box arrived with the most delicious fruit in it. Sweet juicy and easy to peal! Yum, I can hardly wait till he gets here this week so he can share the fruits of his labor. So this New Year I will plant seeds that are sweet, juicy and easy to peel! What a lovely thought as we enter the new year 2012. Keeping in mind it takes many years and sometimes many hands and hearts to make the sweet fruit of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment