Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From Grandma's Desk:
My how time flies when your having fun. After a wonderful 3 weeks on the Big Island of Hawaii, we came home to much needed rain, and more rain and then some snow, and then some more rain. I finally stopped raining around the 4th of July. We have had beautiful cool weather until about a week ago when it warmed up to almost 100 F. But then it rained the last few days and is cool and green and beautiful. The lavender is blooming the salsa garden is abundant with tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers. The cilantro is coming up everywhere. All the rain has brought us so many blessings and I feel so blessed here in the Six Mile drainage, with the rest of the U.S. having such high temperatures and storms.

Yesterday I spent the day canning organic cherries. They are soooooooo delicious. I have been eating them non-stop since Saturday when I got them at the farmers market. I am so amazed at how great they taste and because they are organic and did not get sprayed down with chemicals I am not experiencing any of the usually intestinal discomfort from eating to many! Yumm, Yummm, Yummmmmmm! But I was afraid I would eat the whole box so I did some canning yesterday to save a little summer goodness for the winter months. I also made cherry ginger honey jam and chocolate liquor soaked cherries are steeping in a jar for later use. Recipes to follow!



We are counting down to the Six Mile Lavender Festival, just 26 days to go. I will post another blog for the Lavender Festival later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment